Colour Accuracy Policy:
Although we do our best to make sure that the colours printed on our web site are accurate, actual colours will vary. In addition, subtle colour differences and textures may not be fully appreciated on some systems due to differences in monitors and/or display cards. Due to the fact that our products are all custom made, and can’t be returned, you need to be sure that you can live with any colour variations that are possible from our scanning of the actual samples. If an exact colour match is required, then please request a sample before placing your order. Once you receive your sample, keep in mind that all samples may still have minimal colour variations as stated by the manufacturers.
• Our roman blinds are made up of the same fabric as the roller blinds. Please check in the pricelist which fabrics are suitable for roman blinds as not all the fabrics for roller blinds are suitable for roman blinds. It depends very much on the flexibility of the fabric. Certain clients prefer the look of a roman blind to that of a roller blind especially in a residential environment.
• Our standard roman blind, is the super deluxe (bella roma) headrail, comprising the necessary drums and cords. This system operates on a PVC white or silver ball chain. Should you wish for a silver ball chain please indicate clearly on order whether you want a silver coated ball chain or stainless steel ball chain. For the stainless steel there is a small surcharge (see pricelist next to each drop). Should you order this separately or as stock this will be charged. By means of this mechanism the blind can be drawn up to the desired height. (For information on our super deluxe (bella roma) headrail system refer to the following page).
• The mounting brackets are of nickel-plated steel.
• The bottom of the blind is finished off with a round WHITE powder coated aluminium lath. Should you prefer a C-track in the hem pocket please indicate this on the order. With the C-track we can then add scollops should you wish so (see p64 on scollop designs).
• Our roman blinds are not hemmed along the edges. When handled with care they should not fray as long as they do not chafe against any rough edges.
• These blinds will let through light especially along the sides against the wall or where two blinds join in the middle. The thinner fabrics serve as sun- and light-filtering blinds.
• The roman blockout or room-darkening blinds are the Palm Beach, Urban Shade ranges with a flock backing and Twill , Fairy rings ranges with polyester backing for thickness. All blinds with flock backing should be cleaned in the same way.
• To clean the Palm Beach, Urban Shade, Twill & Fairy rings ranges, gently vacuum with an appropriate attachment. This fabric must not be washed or dry cleaned. Spot cleaning can be done with an appropriate cleaner – a small soft sponge with light detergent would be the most preferable. Before cleaning with water or detergent, test the fabric in an inconspicuous area. Palm Beach is made using natural cotton fibres which vary in colour. An exact colour match to the samples therefore cannot be guaranteed.
• The Urban Shade, Twil & Fairy rings ranges should be dusted and vacuumed regularly and marks can be removed by sponging gently with mild detergent in lukewarm water. The composition of these fabrics is 100% polyester with an acrylic foamed backing (PVC free) for Urban Shade and polyester backing for Twill & Fairy rings ranges.
• The PVC screening; SheerWeave 2000 & SheerWeave 4500 screening fabrics cut out glare entirely especially on TV and computer screens/monitors while still filtering through light as the fabrics comprise a 5% openness factor. This product is ideal for business complexes and large institutions.
• Please remember that a roman blind made from blinds material does not have the same characteristics as those of a roman blind made from curtaining fabric.
• The Pseudoreed is a light-filtering product with an average density of 85%, comprising 100% polyester with a bamboo effect.
• NB. Be aware that dyelot differences in fabric are almost inevitable, therefore try and order once off when requiring a number of blinds and indicate whether blinds are in one opening. We can never guarantee the same dyelot in different batches. We even find that there are colour variations in the same batch.
• Should it be evident that these products are treated with disrespect, resulting in damage, unusual/unnatural warping or discolouration, these will not be replaced. Before a complaint is lodged, make sure that you do a full investigation into the reason for the problem, eg windows being left open, too close to the sea, no regular cleaning, window or door frames not fitting snugly into walls, wet or damp areas around the building, thickness and type of glass used for the openings etc.