Colour Accuracy Policy:
Although we do our best to make sure that the colours printed on our web site are accurate, actual colours will vary. In addition, subtle colour differences and textures may not be fully appreciated on some systems due to differences in monitors and/or display cards. Due to the fact that our products are all custom made, and can’t be returned, you need to be sure that you can live with any colour variations that are possible from our scanning of the actual samples. If an exact colour match is required, then please request a sample before placing your order. Once you receive your sample, keep in mind that all samples may still have minimal colour variations as stated by the manufacturers.
• Vertical blinds define windows with a clean, linear style. Attractive, affordable styles complement any décor and please any taste. Technologically, they offer ideal shading and sight protection for all living and working areas for people with particular demands. You yourself decide how much light is required for which circumstances.
• Depending on the sunlight and the desired shading or sight protection, you can choose from a wide selection of fabrics. From absolutely dense (opaque) fabrics through to almost transparent (sheer) materials a wide range of possible effects is available. Sunblock ranges are Matilda, Premium, Matte, Moire and Sunblock. These ranges are most effective against harsh sunlight. A total blockout fabric range is the Kenté range. The Matte and Moire (PVC-range) can heat up a room where ventilation is minimal and where the glass area is very big but is also a blockout fabric.
• Fabrics are made up of either PVC, 100% polyester or fibreglass base (Matte and Moire) finished with an acrylic composition. A huge choice of materials covers various fabrics: plain knitted fabrics, and up-to-date designs in woven jacquard fabrics leave you with unlimited choice. Room-darkening blinds consist of an acrylic coating on both sides of the vanes or flock backing shutting out much light and direct harsh sunlight. PVC vertical blinds (the matte and moire ranges) have increased in popularity as they are so easy to maintain and truly robust.
• The two popular slat widths are 127mm (standard width) and 90mm.
• Headrails comprise white powder-coated aluminium which fit into metal topclips. For face fit (outside fitting) or for extended fit you may acquire zinc plated L-shaped brackets or extension brackets.
• Polypropylene ballast weights, polyacetal stabilizing chain for interconnecting weights with snap-on coupling, plastic control chains and cord weight/holder are available in white. Sun can make these components brittle and will have to be replaced at minimal cost. Regularity will depend on the harshness of the sun.
• Be careful not to catch the vanes in windows or doors on closure or see to it that the wind doesn’t blow them out as the chain will most certainly break.
• Remember that light will filter through any vertical blind no matter how dense the fabric is, especially between side of wall and slat. Therefore, a blind will darken a room sufficiently when in block-out fabric but light will not be cut out entirely.
• NB. Be aware that dyelot differences in fabric are almost inevitable, therefore try and order once off when requiring a number of blinds and indicate whether blinds are in one opening. We can never guarantee the same dyelot in different batches. We even find that there are colour variations in the same batch.
• Should it be evident that these products are treated with disrespect, resulting in damage, unusual/unnatural warping or discolouration, these will not be replaced. Before a complaint is lodged, make sure that you do a full investigation into the reason for the problem, eg windows/doors being left open, too close to the sea, no regular cleaning, window or door frames not fitting snugly into walls, wet or damp areas around the building, thickness and type of glass used for the openings, etc.