Colour Accuracy Policy:
Although we do our best to make sure that the colours printed on our web site are accurate, actual colours will vary. In addition, subtle colour differences and textures may not be fully appreciated on some systems due to differences in monitors and/or display cards. Due to the fact that our products are all custom made, and can’t be returned, you need to be sure that you can live with any colour variations that are possible from our scanning of the actual samples. If an exact colour match is required, then please request a sample before placing your order. Once you receive your sample, keep in mind that all samples may still have minimal colour variations as stated by the manufacturers.
• These are probably the most beautiful window covering products.
• Wood venetians cannot be guaranteed against a natural tendency to warp even though we make use of finger joined processes especially if used in extremely humid / wet areas, therefore one must be careful not to install them in areas where ventilation is minimal. Remember all wood still remains natural!
• Close to the sea, try and keep the blind in a pulled up position when windows are fully opened. This will deter the build-up of salt deposit on the slats thus giving the blind a longer life span.
• Should it be necessary to clean, other than normal regular dusting, use a damp cloth to lightly wipe over the slats. The blind should be completely dry before pulled up again. Never clean a wood blind with a thinner-based solvent as this would remove the varnish on the slats and will cause irreparable damage to the blind. Remember, treat a wood blind as the investment that it is, therefore, handle with utmost care.
• Our blinds are supplied with ladder string or ladder tape which is colour coordinated to the colour of the blind.
• Our blind has as standard a wood valance, wood bottomrail, wood tassels and cord controls which finish off the product stylishly.
• Wood venetians are not a total light blockout product. The blind will close sufficiently to ensure privacy but will allow light into the room. It is therefore not entirely room darkening. Blinds that are unusually long in drop will not close snugly at the bottom and might let a bit more light through than normal. It will, however, still ensure privacy.
• Due to the nature of the product a slight variation in height may occur from time to time. Where blinds are clearly marked as being in the same room or hanging side by side we will try to match and align the finishes and heights as closely as possible. This can however not always be guaranteed.
• Our slat widths are available in 50mm width only.
• As standard Bass blinds are supplied with a 50mm headrail and valance. When side returns are ordered for 50mm blinds valances, side return brackets with screws will be issued as part of the standard product.
• 50mm wood blinds are NOT supplied with installation screws and plugs.
• Wood blinds receive with the valances clear plastic clips to affix the valance to the headrail. Should you prefer velcro please indicate this clearly on the order. Remember that wood blinds are heavier than other products, therefore it is advisable not to order too large a size as it becomes quite heavy to pull up. Bass is a stable wood and highly suitable for wood venetian blinds. Always remember though that it still remains a natural product even though it has been treated for the purposes of putting up in a window or against a door.
• Slats must be tilted to the open position before the blind is pulled up.
• NB. Be aware that there will inevitably be dyelot differences (natural product), therefore try and order once off when requiring a number of blinds and indicate whether blinds are in one opening. We can never guarantee the same dyelot in different batches. We even find that there are colour variations in the same batch and then we sort them.
• Over a period of time fading will occur especially on the darker colours! There is NO GUARANTEE on any wood or related products against fading at any stage as the circumstances under which the blinds hang play a huge role in the speed of fading.
• Should it be evident that these products are treated with disrespect, resulting in damage, unusual/unnatural warping or discolouration, these will not be replaced. Before a complaint is lodged, make sure that you do a full investigation into the reason for the problem, eg windows being left open, too close to the sea, no regular cleaning, window or door frames not fitting snugly into walls, wet or damp areas around the building, thickness and type of glass used for the openings